1. Chef on a Windows workstation.
2. Shared ServerSpec Helper files.
4. use screen recording software.
5. use pre-baked VMs or Containers
6. troubleshoot with Pry.
7. use run_state to store data, available later in the chef run.
8. coerce everthing instead of checking for .nil?
9. use a good text editor.
X. write stuff done, then add them to SCM.
For everybody who has an issue with the text: your-dns-needs-immediate-attention
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - connect(2) for "your-dns-needs-immediate-attention.dev" port 443 (https://your-dns-needs-immediate-attention.dev)
This is problably because the .dev and .local are now valid top level extensions.
i had to solve this, add “search home.local” to “/etc/resolv.conf”
(actually added this to “/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head”)